Sunday 15 September 2019

Yellow-legged Gull, Hoylake 15th September 2019


Information about an adult Yellow-legged Gull at Hoylake off the lifeboat station was posted on the Wirral Birders WhatsApp group earlier today by Tim Kinch. Since this species is one of the embarrassing gaps in my life list, I sorted myself out and headed over to Hoylake.

A short time later I was at the lifeboat station. Tim was still on site and had the Yellow-legged Gull in his 'scope. I couldn't resist his invitation to have a quick look! I then set up my 'scope and proceeded to watch the gull as it spent most of its time roosting, facing away. It did move a couple of times and was still present when I departed. Great to finally catch up with this species and a local bird, which was my preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment